Stella-Jones is seeking summer students for its Woodlands division. The position
is based out of Salmon Arm, British Columbia. The successful candidate will
assist operations and silviculture staff in field work including aspects of road and
block layout, timber cruising, silviculture surveys and contractor supervision. This
position will provide exposure to some of the most diverse terrain and
experiences available to a summer student. Stella-Jones offers a competitive
salary and benefit package.
Some qualities we are looking for include:
– Career minded full time student with an interest in forestry;
– Team oriented with good communication skills;
– Physically fit and enjoys working outdoors;
– Valid drivers license;
– Familiarity with GPS technology;
– Any previous forestry experience would be a definite asset.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Ashley Ladyman, RPF by email
(email@example.com) or to the address below. The deadline for
applications is October 18th, 2013.