Sent on behalf of Western Forest Products
Western Forest Products (WFP) is a Canadian integrated forest products company and the largest crown timber tenure holder in coastal BC. Our operating priorities: Safety (our top priority), Sustainabil-ity (a focus across our operations), Quality (sought after by customers around the world), and Produc-tivity (operational efficiency, margin-focus, optimal results).
We are seeking to hire approximately 30 summer students for the 2015 field season. Terms range from 4-8 months at one of our 8 Timberlands operations located on beautiful Vancouver Island and Mainland Coast. Successful candidates will work alongside our teams of forest professionals gaining valuable training and experience at both operational silviculture and engineering activities. Upon graduation, many of our former summer students have been offered full-time positions with WFP.
Our ideal candidates are:
– Enrolled in a forestry related post-secondary program and returning to school in the fall of 2015;
– Motivated, dependable, possess a strong work ethic, and thrive in a team environment;
– Have a valid class 5 driver’s license;
– In good physical condition and enjoys the challenging working environment in our coastal forests;
– Interested in pursuing a career in the forest industry.
How to Apply:
Please provide a cover letter and a resume. In your cover letter:
– Identify the year of education you will have completed by May 2015;
– Whether you have a preference to work in silviculture or planning;
– Explain why you want to work for us; and
– Indicate your career aspirations and how we will benefit from hiring you.
Please submit your application electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on Monday, October 13th. Please identify your email message with Timberlands Summer Student in the subject line.
Full advertisement available here.